Local

Fire Causes Damages Fort Washington Home

View Comments
(Credit: AP Photo/Orlin Wagner)

(Credit: AP Photo/Orlin Wagner)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

FORT WASHINGTON, Md. (AP) — Fire officials in Maryland say a fire that apparently started as a result of unattended cooking caused $60,000 in damage to a home in Fort Washington.

Prince George’s County officials said the fire started at about 1:30 p.m. Saturday in the kitchen of a home in the 8600 block of Botley Drive. The family was able to get out of the house, and firefighters extinguished the blaze within 15 minutes of arrival.

One firefighter sustained minor burn injuries and was treated and released from a hospital.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,257 other followers