wjz-13 all-news-99-1-wnew 1057-the-fan 1300logo2_67x35
FOOTBALL FRENZY: Ravens To Play Final Preseason Game Vs. Saints On Thursday | Stats & Recaps | Play The Pro Football Challenge | Ravens News | Upload Your Purple Pride Photos | Knockout Pool

Local

Residents Sickened By Improper Use Of Generators

View Comments
health generic

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (AP) — Prince George’s County fire officials say residents of two homes were sickened by fumes caused by generators and a fire was started in a third home by improper use of a generator.

Department spokesman Mark Brady says about 9 a.m. Sunday, firefighters went to a home and removed a family of five that were sickened by carbon monoxide fumes from a generator placed too close to a fireplace vent on the house’s exterior wall. The five were taken to hospitals.

Brady says Saturday night, a resident put a generator on a front porch near an open door and CO fumes sickened the resident, who was treated by paramedics.

Also Saturday night, a generator placed too close to a house ignited a fire. There were no injuries, but damage was extensive.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,185 other followers