The first EVER Haynie & Zinno Power rankings are in!
Here’s what they look like to start the 2012 season.
- PACKERS – best QB on best all-around team.
- PATRIOTS – they’re the Patriots.
- RAVENS – one play away last year.
- SAINTS – Drew Brees. That’s all that matters.
- GIANTS – Defending champs are better this year than last.
- 49ERS – that defense will keep them in every game.
- BEARS – up and coming and they got better in off-season.
- EAGLES – last year’s nightmare is over.
- TEXANS – let’s see them do last year again before I believe.
- STEELERS – they are old, but can’t count them out.
- FALCONS – one of the most consistent regular season teams.
- LIONS – boy, do they look scary. They also look up at the Packers & Bears.
- COWBOYS – no one is talking about them in the NFC. That’s a good thing.
- CHARGERS – no one is talking about them in the AFC. That’s a good thing.
- BRONCOS – which Peyton will we see? We will know in about three weeks.
- BENGALS – never made the playoffs two years in a row in the last 20 years.
- BILLS – second in the AFC East is theirs for the taking.
- PANTHERS – Superman can do anything. So can Cam Newton.
- JETS – this could go horribly wrong or incredibly right.
- TITANS – Jake Locker could be in for more than he bargained for.
- CHIEFS – going .500 in that division could be a playoff team.
- SEAHAWKS – could challenge for division title if SF falters.
- REDSKINS – Bob Griffin will at least make things exciting in DC.
- CARDINALS – Hey John Skelton! Just look for number 11.
- RAIDERS – they went 8-8 last year? Need to prove they can be better.
- BUCCANEERS – Greg Schiano may have wished he stayed in New Jersey.
- DOLPHINS – at least Ryan Tannehill’s wife is hot.
- COLTS – Luck will be great for a rookie, but the team will still be pretty bad.
- VIKINGS – I still can’t believe AP thinks he is going to play this season!
- JAGUARS – I would like to see Blaine Gabbert improve. I may have to wait.
- RAMS – Jeff Fisher has a long road ahead.
- BROWNS – And you thought it couldn’t get worse in Cleveland.
Follow me on Twitter @MarkZinno