Toddlers Stung By Wasps In Md. Doing Well
KENSINGTON, Md. (AP) — The Montgomery County fire department says all of the toddlers stung by wasps at a Kensington school are doing well.
The children were stung Monday during a fire drill at Temple Emmanuel Early Childhood Center on Connecticut Avenue.
Rescue workers initially said the insects were bees.
But The Washington Post reports the school said Tuesday that they were yellow jackets, not bees, after an inquiry by a member of the Montgomery County Beekeepers Association.
Officials say the children and staff members were taken to a hospital in an ambulance bus.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)