Woman Dies Of Injuries In Fire

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (AP) — Authorities say a woman pulled from her burning home in Prince George’s County over the weekend has died.

The woman, who was not identified, died late Sunday. She had suffered burns and smoke inhalation.

County fire department spokesman Mark Brady says the woman was found unconscious inside her burning two-story house on Peachleaf Court in Upper Marlboro. The fire broke out early Sunday morning, and investigators believe it was accidental.

Brady says two other fires Sunday may have been linked to efforts to cope with the weekend’s chilly weather.

He says it appears the initial use of a home furnace may have been connected to a fire in College Park. Brady says the use of a space heater may have led to another house fire in Brentwood.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live