Fire That Killed Md. Man Ruled Accidental

SHARPSBURG, Md. (AP) — Fire officials say a blaze that killed a Sharpsburg man was accidently caused when wood components near a stove ignited.

The fire was reported about 5:15 a.m. Monday in a house trailer. The Deputy State Fire Marshal’s Office said 42-year-old John Thomas King was trapped in the blaze and died of smoke inhalation and burns.

Officials say there were no smoke alarms in the house trailer.

Damage was estimated at $45,000.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live