City Firefighters Respond To Carbon Monoxide Leak

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Eight people are being treated at the hospital, after breathing high levels of carbon monoxide.

Firefighters picked up four adults and four children–complaining of headaches at a home in the 4600 block of Kernwood Avenue.

Tests revealed elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the home. It’s not clear how long the patients were exposed to the colorless, odorless gas.

Carbon Monoxide is produced by incomplete combustion of fossil fuels typically found in home heating appliances. If you experience any flu-like symptoms–such as nausea or vomiting–open all doors and windows and call 911 immediately.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
CBS All Access

Watch & Listen LIVE