Reporting Mary Bubala
WASHINGTON (WJZ)—The man who admits to being the so-called East Coast rapist is due in court Tuesday in Virginia.
Aaron Thomas, 41, is expected to plead guilty to several attacks on women.
Mary Bubala reports he’s already confessed.
Aaron Thomas admits he is the East Coast rapist who terrorized the region beginning in the early 1990s until an attack in Prince William County in 2009.
Authorities say DNA confirms Thomas is responsible for rapes and other attacks on 17 women in Maryland, Virginia, all the way up to Connecticut.
And now in telephone interviews with the Washington Post, Thomas says “I felt like an animal. I didn’t care. They were objects. Whoever came down the street, an object.”
That includes two young women raped in a wooded ravine in Prince William County on Halloween night in 2009.
Thomas says the rapes began when his dad— a D.C. police officer – kicked him out of the house in the early ’90s.
The attacks went on for years until Thomas was arrested in March of last year in New Haven, Conn.
An insanity defense was dropped last month with Thomas ready to plead guilty.
“It’s awful. I don’t know why I couldn’t just stop,” he said.
Thomas is scheduled to plead guilty on rape and abduction charges in Virginia on Tuesday.
He faces the possibility of several life terms in prison.