Space Heater Blamed For Md. Fire

RISING SUN, Md. (AP) — Fire officials say a blaze that killed a 3-year-old in Rising Sun was caused by a portable space heater that fell from a dresser.

Alyssa Johnson died in Saturday’s fire, which destroyed her family’s mobile home.  The medical examiner says the toddler died from smoke inhalation and burns.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office said Wednesday that a space heater became entangled with clothes and other combustible materials when it fell and ignited the fire. Officials say no working smoke alarm was found in the home.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network

Listen Live