Crofton Man Seriously Hurt In Leaf Blower Fire

CROFTON, Md. (AP) — An 83-year-old Crofton man was flown to the hospital after a leaf blower he was using caught fire.

The Capital of Annapolis reports fire officials were called Monday to the 2100-block of Davidsonville Road and found the man suffering from second- and third-degree burns covering half of his body.

A fire department spokesman says the man’s injuries were serious but not life threatening.

The spokesman said the man’s clothing caught fire from the leaf blower. A person driving by saw what was happening and stopped his car to help.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network

Listen Live