Save Money By Doing Smart Laundry

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — You can clean up in savings by doing smart laundry.

Mary Bubala reports about 90 percent of the energy used for washing clothes is for heating the water.

There are two ways to reduce the amount of energy used.

Use less water and cooler water. Switching from hot to warm water can cut a load’s energy use in half.

Try to wash and dry full loads. But if you have a smaller load, make sure you adjust the water level.

More from Mary Bubala
Comments

1. Jim says:

How about air drying your clothes? Saves all of the energy from the dryer.

2. William Trexler says:

all delicate cloths should be racked and do them after 7pm

1. matt says:

only if you have a smart meter. i have a standard meter so it costs the same whatever time of day it is.

3. Mary says:

I no longer own a dryer I use a clothes drying rack for all my laundry. Also I do not have my machine even hooked up to the hot spigot so everything gets washed in cold.

4. RobertWilliams says:

SMART OR STUPID?

NOW we find that there are NO Energy Savings from Smart Meters.
    Two years ago some people thought the health problems from smart meters would have to be suffered to allow the energy advantages.

Smart Meters COST hundreds of dollars each – and for that we get SICK, LOSE OUR PRIVACY, GET HIGHER MONTHLY UTILITY BILLS and THREATEN OUR NATIONAL SECURITY and NO ENERGY SAVINGS.

Smart for whom?!

5. Amanda says:

If you can’t air dry try tossing a few tennis balls into the dryer. My friend and I have a laundry service from our homes. We found that it will cut your drying time by about 25% while fluffing bulky items at the same time.
    Boston Laundry Care