Man Injured When Fireworks Cause House Fire
SEVERN, Md. (AP) — Anne Arundel County fire officials say a man was seriously injured when fireworks caused a house to burn.
It happened about 11:30 a.m. Saturday on Myers Court in Severn. Officials say firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the rear of the single-family home.
The Capital of Annapolis reports that firefighters say a man suffered serious injuries and was taken to a local hospital.
A fire department spokesman says illegal fireworks caused the blaze.
The house was deemed not habitable.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)