Baseboard Heater Blamed For Fatal Md. Fire

MYERSVILLE, Md. (AP) — Fire officials say a blaze that killed two young sisters last month was accidentally ignited when drapes came in contact with a baseboard heater.

The Frederick County Sheriff’s Office said Monday that investigators found that the heater, in the first-floor living room, was behind a couch and came in contact with drapes.

The Jan. 31 fire in Myersville killed 6-year-old Sophie Paige Lillard and 3-year-old Madigan Grace Lillard. Four other family members were injured.

The News-Post of Frederick reports that investigators found that smoke detectors in the home did not work in the fire.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network

Listen Live