Outdoor Classroom Catches Fire Overnight At Forest Lakes Elementary

FOREST HILL, Md. (WJZ)— A fire at a Harford County elementary school caused an estimated $40,000 in structural damage early Thursday morning.

It happened around 1:20 a.m. at Forest Lakes Elementary, located at 100 Osborne Parkway, when a malfunctioning exterior heating unit caught fire in an outdoor classroom building.

The fire was contained to the heating unit and to a large area of the front of the building.

Extensive smoke and soot damage was present throughout the building.

The classroom was being used for storage purposes only. No one was injured.

Fire officials say a fire alarm is present but did not activate. There is no sprinkler system in the unit.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live