Zinno’s 6-4-3: MLB Round-Up
April 15, 2013 1:35 PM
Email: Zinno@1057thefan.com Mark has been with CBS Radio Baltimore...Read More
Orioles CentralShop Team Gear
Sports Fan Insider
Keep up with your favorite teams and athletes with daily updates.Sign Up
Here is the second installment of my “6-4-3.” Top 6 teams, 4 stats of the week and 3 bottom teams.
Top 6 -
- Braves – Love the start, but can they be this good in September … when it counts!!!
- Giants – Resembling the Orioles of 2012 in early going: 3-1 in one-run games, 1-0 in extras.
- Athletics – They usually start slow and surge late. Time will tell if that is flipped.
- Rangers – The reason they won 2 straight AL titles wasn’t just Josh Hamilton.
- Red Sox – They have been getting pitching like nobody’s business! Only team that’s give up less runs in the Braves.
- Mets – I cringe as I type this … they shouldn’t be here long, but who knows??
4 Stats -
- The two worst teams in run differential in the American League are the Blue Jays (-20) and the Angels (-19).
- The Mariners’ Michael Morse hasn’t played in almost a week due to a thumb injury and he still is tied for the AL lead in HRs with 6.
- Matt Harvey of the Mets is the NL version of Dylan Bundy. The real deal. 3-0, 22 IP, 2 ER, 0.82 ERA and 25 K’s. The real deal.
- Joey Votto, Adrian Beltre, Miguel Cabrera and Adam Jones have a combined 4 home runs. One each.
Bottom 3 -
- Padres – They will be the worst team in baseball, not the Astros.
- Marlins – No one will be watching them lose 100 games and that’s a good thing.
- Brewers – At least they still have those great sausage, hot dog, bratwurst race at the games!
Follow me on Twitter @MarkZinno