Here is the second installment of my “6-4-3.” Top 6 teams, 4 stats of the week and 3 bottom teams.
Top 6 –
- Braves – Love the start, but can they be this good in September … when it counts!!!
- Giants – Resembling the Orioles of 2012 in early going: 3-1 in one-run games, 1-0 in extras.
- Athletics – They usually start slow and surge late. Time will tell if that is flipped.
- Rangers – The reason they won 2 straight AL titles wasn’t just Josh Hamilton.
- Red Sox – They have been getting pitching like nobody’s business! Only team that’s give up less runs in the Braves.
- Mets – I cringe as I type this … they shouldn’t be here long, but who knows??
4 Stats –
- The two worst teams in run differential in the American League are the Blue Jays (-20) and the Angels (-19).
- The Mariners’ Michael Morse hasn’t played in almost a week due to a thumb injury and he still is tied for the AL lead in HRs with 6.
- Matt Harvey of the Mets is the NL version of Dylan Bundy. The real deal. 3-0, 22 IP, 2 ER, 0.82 ERA and 25 K’s. The real deal.
- Joey Votto, Adrian Beltre, Miguel Cabrera and Adam Jones have a combined 4 home runs. One each.
Bottom 3 –
- Padres – They will be the worst team in baseball, not the Astros.
- Marlins – No one will be watching them lose 100 games and that’s a good thing.
- Brewers – At least they still have those great sausage, hot dog, bratwurst race at the games!
Follow me on Twitter @MarkZinno