Fatal Frostburg Fire Caused By Electrical Problem

FROSTBURG, Md. (AP) — The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says a fatal fire in a Frostburg mobile home last month was caused by faulty electrical components in an entertainment center.

The Cumberland Times-News reported Tuesday on the investigation into the fire on Green Street on April 23.

Patsy Porter, 65, died three days later at Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center in Baltimore.

Two other family members were treated for smoke inhalation injuries.

Fire loss damage to the structure and contents was estimated at $25,000.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live