Filed underSenior Living
This year marks 60 years of Stella Maris serving the needs of the Greater Baltimore community. Stella Maris has been a leader in providing care for elders, with services including senior living facilities, home care, long-term care, rehabilitation, dementia care, as well as a full-service senior day center. While celebrating this achievement, Stella Maris celebrates another milestone this year with its 30-year anniversary of hospice care. Stella Maris continues its standard of excellence in offering dignified care to the sick and serving as one of the first Medicare certified hospices in the state, and can provide home care hospice to Baltimore City, Baltimore, Carroll and Harford counties.
Why choose Stella Maris for Long Term Care?
- As part of Mercy Health Services, Stella Maris collaborates with the doctors at Mercy Hospital in developing new solutions for continued improvement in the healthcare of those served.
- Stella Maris believes that the spiritual side of healing is just as important as the physical aspect.
- Stella Maris offers patients and families a complete pastoral team, ministering to all faiths, and encourages this aspect of care through visits, prayer services, Mass, and other activities offered.
- Stella Maris is focused on promoting the health and well-being of all, regardless of race, gender, handicap, socioeconomic status, religious affiliation or national origin.
Why choose Stella Maris for Hospice Care?
- Stella Maris is recognized as one of the first Medicare certified hospices in the State of Maryland.
- Stella Maris is licensed to provide hospice care throughout Central Maryland through its in-home hospice services.
- Stella Maris’ hospice services include an interdisciplinary team, complete with certified and specialized medical professionals, as well as social workers, spiritual workers, counselors and volunteers aimed to guide the patient and family through this difficult time.
What other services does Stella Maris Provide?
- Senior Day Center – Your loved one can stay in their home longer by attending our Senior day Center. Members receive two hot meals and a snack daily and transportation is available.
- Home Care Services – Receive skilled nursing care or end of life (hospice) services in the comfort of your own home. Home Care is available in Baltimore City, Baltimore, Carroll and Harford counties.
- Senator Bob Hooper Hospice House – The Hooper House in partnership with Stella Maris provides end-of-life care to individuals in a beautiful homelike setting, which allows family to focus on quality of life. It is staffed by licensed health care professionals and Stella Maris home hospice on a 24-hour basis
- Medical Services – At Stella Maris we provide a full array of quality medical services with just a phone call. Our medical services include: internal medicine; dentistry; dermatology; optometry; ophthalmology; orthopedics; podiatry; urology; X-Ray, EKG and lab services; and gynecology.
- Personal Care Services – Private paid services such as companionship, light housekeeping, etc. are available in Baltimore City, Baltimore, Carroll and Harford counties.
- The Counseling Center – Individual and family counseling support for one year after the death of a loved one is available free of charge for family members of those enrolled in Stella Maris Hospice or Home Hospice.
- St. Elizabeth Hall Apartments – The St. Elizabeth Apartments is an independent living facility on campus. Half of the apartments (100 units) are subsidized by HUD’s Section 8. Residents must be more than 62 years old and have access to all the medical care available at Stella Maris.
For more information visit www.stellamarisinc.com or call 410-252-4500.