Fumes At Elkton Elementary School Send 5 To Hospital

ELKTON, Md. (AP) — Fumes from a cleaning solution used at a school in Elkton sent five people to the hospital.

Cecil County Public Schools spokeswoman Kelly Keeton tells WDEL Radio that several staff members had trouble breathing Friday at Gilpin Manor Elementary School. The five staff members were taken to Union Hospital as a precaution.

Hazardous materials crews were called to the school and ventilated the area.

No children were involved in the incident. Officials say the school day went on as usual, but an emergency message was sent to parents to make them aware of the incident.
Information from: WDEL-AM, http://www.wdel.com/

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live