Zinno’s 6-4-3: MLB Round-Up
It was an impressive home stand for the Orioles. And an interesting week around the league. Here’s my 6-4-3 to kick of the month of June.
1. Cardinals – They are on fire right now. The only team left in the bigs with less than 10 road losses.
2. Rangers – Holding off a surging A’s team that has closed a seven game lead down to two games.
3. Braves – If you want to beat them, don’t go down to Atlanta. You really won’t do it.
4. Red Sox – Leading the top of a tight AL East. It should be that way all season long.
5. Reds – Chasing the Cardinals in baseballs best, un-talked about rivalry.
6. Pirates – In the last three years, June is when they make the most noise. They fade in August. Let’s see what happens.
1. The Orioles-Tigers series was fun to watch with Chris Davis and Miguel Cabrera flashing Triple Crown stats. Cabrera leads in average and RBIs. Davis leads in HRs. How long will these two last?
2. 23 year-old Patrick Corbin is the best pitcher in baseball right now. 9-0 with a 2.06 ERA.
3. 25 year-old Domonic Brown leads the NL in home runs with 16. In his previous three years combined, he hit 12.
4. All of the top 10 teams in hitting have winning records, however, of the bottom 10 teams in hitting, three of them still have winning records, Braves, Yankees and Pirates.
1. Marlins – A weekend sweep of the still wasn’t enough to pull them out of the cellar.
2. Houston – the first team to give up 300 runs this season. They could give up close to 1,000 when it’s over.
3. Brewers – the only team that’s upset that the Astros left the NL Central.