Zinno’s 6-4-3: MLB Round-Up
Orioles CentralShop Team Gear
Sports Fan Insider
We are at the half-way point of the season for most teams – meaning they’ve played 81 games. There certainly are some surprises!!
1. Pirates – 51-30. Best record in the game. Nine-game win streak. And 20 years of losing looks like it’s coming to an end.
2. Red Sox – the game’s only other 50-win team. The AL’s best run differential, +80. And proof that managers DO make a difference.
3. Rangers – Continue to be in a dead heat with the A’s. Their offense however, is missing Josh Hamilton’s production.
4. Braves – they own the best home record in the game at 28-11, but a sub-.500 road record could mean they will have a short-loved October.
5. Athletics – they just keep on coming with a collection of no-names and youngsters who continue to produce.
6. Orioles – a sweep of the Yankees in Baltimore for the first time since 2005 has the Birds flying high.
1. Chris Davis is a machine. First player ever to have 30+ home runs and 25 doubles before the end of June. Too bad he’s 50-points behind Miguel Cabrera in batting average or we’d possibly see back-to-back Triple Crown winners.
2. Adam Dunn is back to his old self. A .198 batting average. 53 hits on the year. 21 of them are home runs.
3. The Pirates pitching has been off the charts. MLB leading 3.11 ERA. MLB leading 12 shutouts. MLB leading .225 batting average against. And MLB leading 32 saves.
4. The Diamondbacks Patrick Corbin got his 9th win on June 2nd – winning seven consecutive starts. Chris Tillman got his 5th win on June 4th. Patrick Corbin still has nine wins. Chris Tillman has 10 – winning six consecutive starts.
1. Marlins – the last team in the bigs to 30 wins. They still have 29.
2. Astros – their offense has scored the same amount of runs as the Yankees. The pitching has given up 147 more runs than the Pirates, who lead the majors with 275.
3. White Sox – things have been terrible on the south side. They’ve won as many home games as the Marlins.
Follow me on Twitter @MarkZinno