wjz-13 all-news-99-1-wnew 1057-the-fan 1300logo2_67x35

Local

Hardware Store Fire Caused By Electrical Problem

View Comments
joppa fire

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

JOPPA, Md. (AP) — The State Fire Marshal’s Office says a fire that heavily damaged a Joppa hardware store and injured two firefighters was caused by an electrical problem.

The Fire Marshal and agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said Wednesday that the fire at Anderson’s Hardware on July 18 was a result of an electrical fault or failure of enclosed wiring. Authorities say the blaze started between the ceiling over the first floor and the wooden floor of the second-floor storage area.

Two firefighters were treated and released for injuries sustained in the blaze, which caused $1 million in damage.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,187 other followers