wjz-13 all-news-99-1-wnew 1057-the-fan 1300logo2_67x35
FOOTBALL FRENZY: The Ravens Face The Bengals Sunday At 1 p.m. | Stats & Recaps | Play The Pro Football Challenge | Ravens News | Upload Your Purple Pride Photos | View Gallery | Knockout Pool

Local

Hardware Store Fire Caused By Electrical Problem

View Comments
Fire Generic

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

JOPPA, Md. (AP) — The State Fire Marshal’s Office says a fire that heavily damaged a Joppa hardware store and injured two firefighters was caused by an electrical problem.

The Fire Marshal and agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said Wednesday that the fire at Anderson’s Hardware was a result of an electrical fault or failure of enclosed wiring. Authorities say the blaze started between the ceiling over the first floor and the wooden floor of the second-floor storage area.

Two firefighters were treated and released for injuries sustained in the blaze, which caused $1 million in damage.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,190 other followers