Electrical Short Caused Salvation Army Fire

CAMBRIDGE, Md. (AP) — The State Fire Marshal’s Office say a fire that heavily damaged the Salvation Army store in Cambridge last month was caused by a short in an electric cable.

The four-alarm fire on June 24 caused an estimated $500,000 in damage to the building, which included a clothing store.

The Fire Marshal said Friday that evidence of an electrical malfunction was found within the structural wiring of a wall inside the store.

More than 125 firefighters from four counties battled the blaze for almost three hours. There were no injuries.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live