Zinno’s 6-4-3: MLB Round-Up
Buy Orioles Tickets
Every game seems to be getting bigger as the days go by. Certain teams are coming up on HUGE stretches of games that may decide the post-season. It’s only getting more interesting with each passing day. Here we go!
1. Braves – I have a feeling they won’t relinquish this spot. They look in total control right now. And they only appear to be getting stronger.
2. Dodgers – they are the hottest team in the game. Pitching is amazing. Puig continues to be the spark for the entire ball club. The look every bit of a World Series team as expected.
3. Red Sox – they sacrificed a game to plunk A-Rod and prove what point? Something we already know? Only they looked foolish in the whole thing.
4. Tigers – Miguel Cabrera is making it interesting again. He’s closing in on Chris Davis for the home run lead. I can’t help but pull for him to win a second straight Triple Crown.
5. Pirates – I don’t think they can hold on to the NL Central division lead for the rest of the season. They will be in the post-season, just as a wild card.
6. Cardinals – their experience will carry them through. They will win the big games when they have to.
1. The Royals were seven games out of first in the AL Central to start the second half. They went on to win 19 of 24 games. They are actually 8.5 games out, as of today because Tigers won 16 of 17. That’s baseball.
2. Tigers are pretty good offensively. 1st in AL in team batting average. 2nd in AL in runs scored, OBP and SLG. Yeah. That’s pretty good.
3. Wins may not matter to many as a stat for pitchers. But Max Scherzer continues to rack them up with 18. The rest of baseball starters have stalled at 14.
4. You AL ERA leader? King Felix? No. Yu Darvish? Nope. Verlander? Not even close. Hiroki Kuroda at 2.41. Yeah … who saw that coming in April?
1. Astros – Well they won’t be the ’62 Mets. But they will be the worst team in the bigs in 2013.
2. Marlins – It will be interesting to see how they finish. They could catch the Phillies and get out of the basement.
3. White Sox – Maybe that’s why the Tigers, Royals and Indians have played so well as of late.
Follow me on Twitter @MarkZinno