Expect Road Closures & Delays As BGE Relocates Utilities For New Casino
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ)—If you take Russell Street as a conduit to the Baltimore Washington Parkway, expect delays later this month. It’s all because of the new Horseshoe Casino.
BGE has to relocate underground utilities on and in the vicinity of Russell Street in order to accommodate the construction of the casino.
BGE expects to begin roadwork Oct. 14 and continue in segments through July 2014 along Russell Street between Haines Street and Worcester Street, including the center lanes of Russell Street in both the northbound and southbound directions.
To minimize traffic delays, work will be done Monday-Saturday during non-rush hours, and work will be suspended during games and special events at M&T Bank Stadium.
Other Local News:
- Policy Changes Recommended 6 Months After Relisha Rudd’s Disappearance
- Video Allegedly Shows Beheading Of U.S. Journalist Steven Sotloff By ISIS
- Police ID 77-Year-Old Driver, Injured Pedestrians In Dunkin Donuts Car Crash
- Family Asks Public For Help In Finding NIH Researcher
- Two Dead, Two Wounded in Three Separate Shootings In Baltimore