BALTIMORE (WJZ)—If you take Russell Street as a conduit to the Baltimore Washington Parkway, expect delays later this month. It’s all because of the new Horseshoe Casino.
BGE has to relocate underground utilities on and in the vicinity of Russell Street in order to accommodate the construction of the casino.
BGE expects to begin roadwork Oct. 14 and continue in segments through July 2014 along Russell Street between Haines Street and Worcester Street, including the center lanes of Russell Street in both the northbound and southbound directions.
To minimize traffic delays, work will be done Monday-Saturday during non-rush hours, and work will be suspended during games and special events at M&T Bank Stadium.
Other Local News:
- Severe Thunderstorms Leaves Path Of Destruction Across Region
- Riders Safely Removed After Roller Coaster Stalls At Md. Six Flags
- Baltimore County Preps For Severe Weather As We Approach Hurricane Season
- Police: Sexual Assault, Burglary Suspect Caught On Surveillance Camera
- Suspect Wanted For Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Girl Twice Within Minutes