BALTIMORE (WJZ)—If you take Russell Street as a conduit to the Baltimore Washington Parkway, expect delays later this month. It’s all because of the new Horseshoe Casino.
BGE has to relocate underground utilities on and in the vicinity of Russell Street in order to accommodate the construction of the casino.
BGE expects to begin roadwork Oct. 14 and continue in segments through July 2014 along Russell Street between Haines Street and Worcester Street, including the center lanes of Russell Street in both the northbound and southbound directions.
To minimize traffic delays, work will be done Monday-Saturday during non-rush hours, and work will be suspended during games and special events at M&T Bank Stadium.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Community Prays For Slain Detective; Murder Remains Unsolved More Than Week Later
- Baltimore To Move Forward With Program To Provide Legal Assistance For Undocumented Immigrants
- Consumers Head Straight To Retailers From Thanksgiving Table For Black Friday Deals
- Woman Sentenced To 3.5 Years In Fatal Crash
- Thanksgiving Day Fire Breaks Out In Harford County