RANDALLSTOWN, Md. (WJZ)–He is a NFL Hall of Famer and former Baltimore Colt. Now Lenny Moore has a street named after him, too.
Tuesday in Randallstown, people gathered to honor the legendary running back with Lenny Moore Way.
“What an honor it is for me to stand beside Lenny Moore, one of the greatest players to ever wear a Baltimore Colts uniform, and demonstrate with this honorary road sign just how much Baltimore County loves and respects him as a former player and as a steadfast friend to Randallstown and the entire Baltimore County community,” said Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz.
Moore says the honor is really one for his mom and dad.
He came to the Colts in 1956 and had a productive first pro season and was named NFL Rookie of The Year.
Other Local News:
- Lt. Gov. Rutherford Under Fire For Comments About Hate Speech
- Police Search For Missing 12-Year-Old Boy In Prince George’s County
- BPD: City Councilwoman Attacked In South Baltimore Parking Garage
- Teen In Bowers Case Found Not Guilty 1st-Degree Premeditated Murder
- Search Continues For Gunman In Deadly N.W. Baltimore Shooting