Former Baltimore Colt Lenny Moore Has Street Named In His Honor
RANDALLSTOWN, Md. (WJZ)–He is a NFL Hall of Famer and former Baltimore Colt. Now Lenny Moore has a street named after him, too.
Tuesday in Randallstown, people gathered to honor the legendary running back with Lenny Moore Way.
“What an honor it is for me to stand beside Lenny Moore, one of the greatest players to ever wear a Baltimore Colts uniform, and demonstrate with this honorary road sign just how much Baltimore County loves and respects him as a former player and as a steadfast friend to Randallstown and the entire Baltimore County community,” said Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz.
Moore says the honor is really one for his mom and dad.
He came to the Colts in 1956 and had a productive first pro season and was named NFL Rookie of The Year.
Other Local News:
- Christian Retreat Official ‘Heartbroken’ Over Stabbings
- Court Orders EPA To Redo Air-Pollution Limits In 13 States
- Police In West Baltimore Shoot Man After Hitting Officer With His Car
- Administration Wants To Give Prisoners Access To Pell Grants
- Boy Who Lost Limbs To Infection Gets Double-Hand Transplant