COCKEYSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Authorities are investigating a light rail accident that happened in Cockeysville early Friday morning, shutting down Warren and Beaver Dam roads.
Christie Ileto has the details of the accident.
Baltimore County Police were forced to re-route early morning commuters, forcing delays Friday. It followed a crash involving a light rail train and car.
The MTA says the driver of a van hit a southbound train at the train crossing.
Officials say the driver had to be extricated from the vehicle and taken to a local hospital.
Six passengers were also rushed from the scene to be evaluated with minor injuries.
Following the accident, came major delays. The light rail ran 20 minutes behind schedule and at every corner of the intersection was bumper-to-bumper traffic.
“It’s been crazy all morning ,” said a commuter.
“I’m just going on one of our service calls, but it’s taking a long while to get there for sure. What can you do?” said Ronald Biggs, morning commuter.
Once MTA workers fixed one of the crossing arms wiped out during the accident, the intersection was opened and light rail service was back to normal by mid-morning.
Other Local News:
- Charges Dropped For Maintenance Man In Sex-For-Repairs Case
- Driver Strikes Capitol Police Cruiser, Taken Into Custody
- Family Dog Discovers Fire in Md. Home; Alerts Occupant to Escape
- Police: Man Killed in Crash After Driver Failed to Stop at Red Light
- Man Gets Life Sentence in Fatal Shootings Over Parking Space