MIDDLE RIVER, Md. (WJZ) — An investigation is underway after a police-involved shooting in Baltimore County.
Police say around 7 a.m. Friday a man was shot by officers during a traffic stop in the 9000-block of Pulaski Highway in Middle River.
Police say the detectives saw the suspect reach for a gun. Two detectives fired their guns. Police say the suspect pulled away, striking two police vehicles. He was able to drive to the intersection of Pulaski Highway and Middle River Road, where he was involved in a crash.
The man was taken into custody and then went to the hospital. His injuries are considered non-life threatening.
No charges have been filed at this time.
No officers were injured in the shooting.
The investigation is ongoing.
Stay with WJZ-TV and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- FIRST WARNING WX: Bonnie Weakens to Tropical Depression; Flood Watch Issued For Parts Of Md.
- Authorities Investigating Near Drowning of 9-Year-Old Girl In Baltimore
- Jolly Rogers An Integral Part Of Ocean City’s Appeal
- Church Community Outraged After Pastor Is Gunned Down In Baltimore
- Police: DC Man Charged With Sexually Abusing Teen At Mall