MIDDLE RIVER, Md. (WJZ) — An investigation is underway after a police-involved shooting in Baltimore County.
Police say around 7 a.m. Friday a man was shot by officers during a traffic stop in the 9000-block of Pulaski Highway in Middle River.
Police say the detectives saw the suspect reach for a gun. Two detectives fired their guns. Police say the suspect pulled away, striking two police vehicles. He was able to drive to the intersection of Pulaski Highway and Middle River Road, where he was involved in a crash.
The man was taken into custody and then went to the hospital. His injuries are considered non-life threatening.
No charges have been filed at this time.
No officers were injured in the shooting.
The investigation is ongoing.
Stay with WJZ-TV and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Here We Go Again! Crews Working To Keep Roads Clear
- Baltimore Police Investigate After Teen Shot On Boston Street
- Corrections Secretary Gary Maynard Is Stepping Down
- Autopsy: Baltimore Man Died In Police Custody Due To Heart Failure, Dehydration
- Woman Dies After Being Hit & Trapped Under Circulator Bus In Baltimore