MIDDLE RIVER, Md. (WJZ) — An investigation is underway after a police-involved shooting in Baltimore County.
Police say around 7 a.m. Friday a man was shot by officers during a traffic stop in the 9000-block of Pulaski Highway in Middle River.
Police say the detectives saw the suspect reach for a gun. Two detectives fired their guns. Police say the suspect pulled away, striking two police vehicles. He was able to drive to the intersection of Pulaski Highway and Middle River Road, where he was involved in a crash.
The man was taken into custody and then went to the hospital. His injuries are considered non-life threatening.
No charges have been filed at this time.
No officers were injured in the shooting.
The investigation is ongoing.
Stay with WJZ-TV and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Lawyer: ‘Serial’ Defense Crippled By Omission Of Witness
- Charging Hover Board Causes Fire At Baltimore School
- Report: Prosecutors Intend To Appeal Judge’s Decision To Not Force Porter To Testify
- Some 35K People Petition Mayor To Fire Housing Commissioner
- Maryland Lawmaker Moves To Decriminalize Drugs Like Heroin