HOLLYWOOD, Md. (WJZ) – A live-in babysitter has been charged with sexually abusing and taking pornographic pictures of a 10-year-old boy in his care.
Maryland State Police does not identify victims of sex offenses and/or child abuse. In this case, the suspect’s name is also being withheld because identifying the suspect could inadvertently identify the child.
The accused is a 28-year-old male, who was living in the 23000-block of Lawrence Hayden Road. He is charged with sexual abuse of a minor, second-degree sexual offense, and possession of child pornography. Additional charges are possible as a result of a continuing investigation. He is currently being held at the St. Mary’s County Detention Center.
The investigation began Thursday when the victim’s grandmother informed police that about three months ago, her daughter hired a friend to babysit her two children while she was at work. The friend eventually moved into the home.
The grandmother became concerned about the babysitter’s behavior when she found pornographic pictures of her grandson on the babysitter’s cell phone.
State police recovered cell phones and computer equipment belonging to the accused. A forensic examination of this equipment will be conducted by the Maryland State Police Computer Crimes Unit.
No evidence was obtained at this time indicating the accused had inappropriate contact with the other child in the home. The investigation is continuing.
Other Local News:
- Thousands Try To Beating The Heat For A Jam-Packed Weekend At Artscape
- 2 Baltimore Police Officers Plead Guilty To Racketeering
- Heat Advisory For SE Md., Code Red Air Quality Alert Continues For Saturday
- Baltimore Co. Man Says Strangers Moved Into His Home, Claiming They Rented It On Craigslist
- Police Arrest Stabbing Suspect; Rapper Posted Aftermath on Facebook Live