LAUREL, Md. (WJZ) — A disturbing case of animal cruelty in Prince George’s County.
Police found a hungry male pit bull abandoned in an apartment on Yardarm Way in Laurel.
The space was covered in dog feces and urine.
The landlord told police the tenant left the apartment over a week ago and had not returned since.
Officers took the dog to the Laurel Police Department, where he was given food and water.
A pit bull rescue organization in Virginia is now trying to find the dog a permanent home.
Other Local News:
- Police: No ‘Conspiracy’ In Murder Of Baltimore PD Detective
- Hearing Dropped For Last Cop Facing Administrative Discipline In Freddie Gray Case
- Police Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old Boy
- Baltimore And The Police Department Sued For Civil Rights Violations Of 15 People
- Public Works Department Asks People To Not Cause A ‘Fatberg’