LAUREL, Md. (WJZ) — A disturbing case of animal cruelty in Prince George’s County.
Police found a hungry male pit bull abandoned in an apartment on Yardarm Way in Laurel.
The space was covered in dog feces and urine.
The landlord told police the tenant left the apartment over a week ago and had not returned since.
Officers took the dog to the Laurel Police Department, where he was given food and water.
A pit bull rescue organization in Virginia is now trying to find the dog a permanent home.
Other Local News:
- Johns Hopkins Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree
- More Photos Of Suspects Accused Of Shooting, Carjacking Woman In Highlandtown Released
- 3 Hopkins Students Involved In Separate Robbery Incidents Thursday
- Anne Arundel Co. Fighting Opioid Crisis With Program At Police, Fire Stations
- 2 Suspects Carjack Teacher At School, Rob Man, Carjack Another