LAUREL, Md. (WJZ) — A disturbing case of animal cruelty in Prince George’s County.
Police found a hungry male pit bull abandoned in an apartment on Yardarm Way in Laurel.
The space was covered in dog feces and urine.
The landlord told police the tenant left the apartment over a week ago and had not returned since.
Officers took the dog to the Laurel Police Department, where he was given food and water.
A pit bull rescue organization in Virginia is now trying to find the dog a permanent home.
Other Local News:
- Man Charged In Recent Annapolis Murder Now Charged In Similar 4-Year-Old Case
- Gov. Hogan Expected To Mandate Md. School Year Begin After Labor Day
- Police: Months After Barricade With Deputies, Baltimore County Cop Found Dead In Home
- Military Helicopter Makes Emergency Landing at Md. School
- Playing With Sports Concussion Doubles Recovery Time: Study