LAUREL, Md. (WJZ) — A disturbing case of animal cruelty in Prince George’s County.
Police found a hungry male pit bull abandoned in an apartment on Yardarm Way in Laurel.
The space was covered in dog feces and urine.
The landlord told police the tenant left the apartment over a week ago and had not returned since.
Officers took the dog to the Laurel Police Department, where he was given food and water.
A pit bull rescue organization in Virginia is now trying to find the dog a permanent home.
Other Local News:
- Soldier In Custody After Barricade Situation On Md. National Guard Property
- Chesapeake Bay’s Underwater Grasses Making a Comeback
- Ringling Bros. Circus Elephants Take Final Bow
- Dixon Campaign: ‘More Than 10,000’ Baltimore Residents Have Not Had Ballots Counted
- Suspect Shot At Least 3 Times In Ambush On Baltimore Officer