LAUREL, Md. (WJZ) — A disturbing case of animal cruelty in Prince George’s County.
Police found a hungry male pit bull abandoned in an apartment on Yardarm Way in Laurel.
The space was covered in dog feces and urine.
The landlord told police the tenant left the apartment over a week ago and had not returned since.
Officers took the dog to the Laurel Police Department, where he was given food and water.
A pit bull rescue organization in Virginia is now trying to find the dog a permanent home.
Other Local News:
- Report Supports Police Car Bombing Suspect’s Insanity Plea
- President Takes Stance Against Anti-Semitism Following Threats Against Jewish Community
- Distracted Drivers Taking A Toll On Insurance Premiums
- Howard Co. Overturns Ban On Tasers And Stun Guns
- Anne Arundel Co. Political Operatives Found Guilty For Robocalls