Western Maryland Sees First Snow Of The Season; Freeze Watch In Effect For Parts Of Md.
Get Breaking News First
GARRETT COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — In Western Maryland, it’s already starting to feel a little like winter.
Garrett County is seeing its first snow of the season!
On Route 50 at Table Rock in Garrett County, snow is accumulating on the grass, but not the road.
It’s also getting cold in other parts of the state.
A Freeze Watch is in effect from late Thursday night through Friday morning for Carroll County, Allegany County, Frederick County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Washington County and Northern Baltimore.
This is the first Freeze Watch of the season, and overnight temperatures could reach the lower 30s. Officials say unprotected vegetation sensitive to freezing temperatures will be killed or damaged.
Other Local News:
- Dulles Stepping Up Screenings To Keep Ebola Out Of The U.S.
- City Police Trying To Expand Eyes On The Streets With New Program
- Hillary Clinton Rallies Voters For Anthony Brown In College Park
- Ex-Baltimore Transit Chief Charged With $90K Bribery Scheme, Money Laundering
- Man Struck In Annapolis Taken To Hospital With Serious Injuries