Western Maryland Sees First Snow Of The Season; Freeze Watch In Effect For Parts Of Md.
GARRETT COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — In Western Maryland, it’s already starting to feel a little like winter.
Garrett County is seeing its first snow of the season!
On Route 50 at Table Rock in Garrett County, snow is accumulating on the grass, but not the road.
It’s also getting cold in other parts of the state.
A Freeze Watch is in effect from late Thursday night through Friday morning for Carroll County, Allegany County, Frederick County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Washington County and Northern Baltimore.
This is the first Freeze Watch of the season, and overnight temperatures could reach the lower 30s. Officials say unprotected vegetation sensitive to freezing temperatures will be killed or damaged.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore On Alert This Weekend Against Threats From ISIS
- 9-Year-Old In Critical Condition After Being Beaten By Mother’s Boyfriend
- 15-Year-Old Boy Fatally Stabbed In Baltimore
- Fort Bragg Soldier From Md. Charged After He Was Found Heavily-Armed At NC Mall
- Preparations Underway For Baltimore’s July 4th Celebrations