GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)— Kindergartners passed around a needle they found at an Anne Arundel County elementary school playground.
It happened Thursday at Rippling Woods Elementary School in Glen Burnie.
During recess, a kindergartner picked up a syringe from the ground. The student put the needle back down but another student picked it up, and several students then passed it around.
A total of seven children touched the syringe and were taken to a hospital as a precaution.
No injuries have been reported.
The school principal sent a statement home to all parents.
Other Local News:
- Wind Chill Advisory In Effect: Big Chill Brings Single Digit Temps
- Sons Of Fallen Deputy Release Statement To The Public
- School Volunteer Victimized 16 People Including Child At Church
- VIDEO: Maryland Bundles Up As Big Chill Brings Sub-Zero Temps
- 2 Men Charged With Burglary, Assaulting 83-Year-Old Woman