GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)— Kindergartners passed around a needle they found at an Anne Arundel County elementary school playground.
It happened Thursday at Rippling Woods Elementary School in Glen Burnie.
During recess, a kindergartner picked up a syringe from the ground. The student put the needle back down but another student picked it up, and several students then passed it around.
A total of seven children touched the syringe and were taken to a hospital as a precaution.
No injuries have been reported.
The school principal sent a statement home to all parents.
Other Local News:
- Johns Hopkins Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree
- More Photos Of Suspects Accused Of Shooting, Carjacking Woman In Highlandtown Released
- 3 Hopkins Students Involved In Separate Robbery Incidents Thursday
- Anne Arundel Co. Fighting Opioid Crisis With Program At Police, Fire Stations
- 2 Suspects Carjack Teacher At School, Rob Man, Carjack Another