GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)— Kindergartners passed around a needle they found at an Anne Arundel County elementary school playground.
It happened Thursday at Rippling Woods Elementary School in Glen Burnie.
During recess, a kindergartner picked up a syringe from the ground. The student put the needle back down but another student picked it up, and several students then passed it around.
A total of seven children touched the syringe and were taken to a hospital as a precaution.
No injuries have been reported.
The school principal sent a statement home to all parents.
Other Local News:
- WJZ’s Mike Schuh, Rick Ritter And Tim Williams Bring Home Local Emmy Awards
- Hogan Rallies For Redmer In Baltimore Co. Exec. Race
- Man Dies After Falling While Rock Climbing In Harford Co.
- 86-Year-Old Pedestrian Killed In Baltimore Co. Crash
- Police Interview Withheld In Trial Of Boyfriend Accused Of Killing Howard Co. Teacher