GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)— Kindergartners passed around a needle they found at an Anne Arundel County elementary school playground.
It happened Thursday at Rippling Woods Elementary School in Glen Burnie.
During recess, a kindergartner picked up a syringe from the ground. The student put the needle back down but another student picked it up, and several students then passed it around.
A total of seven children touched the syringe and were taken to a hospital as a precaution.
No injuries have been reported.
The school principal sent a statement home to all parents.
Other Local News:
- Miami Lion Cub Being Sent To Maryland Zoo To Join 2 Other Cubs
- Baltimore Police Department To Change The Way They Deal With Deaths In Police Custody
- Maryland State Police Investigate Fatal Pedestrian Accident
- Crews Keep Roads Clear After Second Round Of Winter Weather
- Diamond Ring Found In Christmas Tree Lot