GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)— Kindergartners passed around a needle they found at an Anne Arundel County elementary school playground.
It happened Thursday at Rippling Woods Elementary School in Glen Burnie.
During recess, a kindergartner picked up a syringe from the ground. The student put the needle back down but another student picked it up, and several students then passed it around.
A total of seven children touched the syringe and were taken to a hospital as a precaution.
No injuries have been reported.
The school principal sent a statement home to all parents.
Other Local News:
- Ocean City Gets A Number Of New Attractions This Year
- Suspect Who Gunned Down Woman Sought By Baltimore Police
- Judge Sentences 2 Md. Men to 50 Years for Motel Slaying
- Girl, 13, Suffers Graze Wound to Head; 3 Others Injured In Overnight Shootings
- Md. Teacher Charged With Illegal Sexual Contact With Student