GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)— Kindergartners passed around a needle they found at an Anne Arundel County elementary school playground.
It happened Thursday at Rippling Woods Elementary School in Glen Burnie.
During recess, a kindergartner picked up a syringe from the ground. The student put the needle back down but another student picked it up, and several students then passed it around.
A total of seven children touched the syringe and were taken to a hospital as a precaution.
No injuries have been reported.
The school principal sent a statement home to all parents.
Other Local News:
- Severe Weather, Storms Continue Into Weekend Across Md.
- Police Investigating Murder Of 97-Year-Old Man
- Police Make Arrest In Kidnapping Of 1-Year-Old In Woodlawn
- Police Investigating After Man Found Unconscious, Assaulted In Federal Hill
- Social Justice, Civil Right Policies In Discussion At NAACP Convention In Baltimore