GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)— Kindergartners passed around a needle they found at an Anne Arundel County elementary school playground.
It happened Thursday at Rippling Woods Elementary School in Glen Burnie.
During recess, a kindergartner picked up a syringe from the ground. The student put the needle back down but another student picked it up, and several students then passed it around.
A total of seven children touched the syringe and were taken to a hospital as a precaution.
No injuries have been reported.
The school principal sent a statement home to all parents.
Other Local News:
- Local Rapper ‘Lor Scoota’ Shot And Killed In N.E. Baltimore
- Tornado Cleanup Continues In Parts Of Howard County
- Commissioner Davis Calls FOP’s Controversial Tweets ‘Inappropriate, Insensitive’
- Police Identify 3 People Fatally Shot In Washington Suburb
- 24 Dead In West Virginia Floods; Search And Rescue Continues