BALTIMORE (BALTIMORE SUN/WJZ)–The Howard County police officer who was shot and wounded on the job last week has been released from the hospital, according to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun.
Steven Houk, 30, a two-year veteran of the department, was seriously wounded after being shot on the job last week in Laurel. He was taken to Shock Trauma for his injuries.
Police say Stephon Prather, 29, opened fire on Houk and two other officers who went to investigate after employees at a CarMax on Route 1 reported Prather acting suspiciously.
Prather was captured less than 24 hours later with a gunshot wound to his leg from when police returned fire.
Prather faces multiple charges, including three counts of attempted murder.
Prather does have a lengthy criminal history, including another charge of attempted murder in Prince George’s County. He has also been charged with multiple counts of assault and firearms violations.
Other Local News:
- Pharmacy In Pikesville Busted In $6.5M Black Market Cigarette Ring
- Could Md. Hit Big Again? Mega Millions Jackpot Up To $400M
- Undercover Detectives Bust Crack Cocaine Dealers In Anne Arundel County
- Police Charge Man With Sexual Abuse Of Boy 15 Years Ago
- Cooling Unit On International Space Station Shuts Down