Coast Guard Rates Port Security As ‘Excellent’ For Sixth Year In A Row
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Port of Baltimore is touting the “excellent” grade it has received from the Coast Guard for changes it has made to security.
This is the sixth consecutive year the port has received this honor.
The state has spent millions upgrading systems.
Some of the improvements made to the port with federal security grants and the state’s matching funds include installing security cameras and access gate barriers, implementing real-time video surveillance, installing a new entry system for trucks and enhancing fencing.
The port brings in about $300 million in taxes and about 15,000 direct jobs.
Other Local News:
- Cruise Industry Under Fire As Lawmakers Debate Stronger Regulations
- Browns Fan Posts Video Of Himself Urinating On Art Modell’s Grave
- State Police Warn Of New Phone Scam Demanding Money
- Rockville Parents Accused Of Locking Adult Autistic Twin Sons In Filthy Basement
- Amazon.com Representatives Meet With Baltimore Community