EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ)– Anne Arundel County Police are looking for a man who attempted to steal a FedEx package from the front steps of an Edgewater home.
The attempted theft happened around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 900-block of Holly Avenue.
A 15-year-old boy told police he saw a man–wearing a black face mask– stealing a FedEx package from the front steps of his residence and running away with the package.
The teen says he then chased the suspect down, tackled him, causing the suspect to drop the package.
The suspect then displayed a knife, attempted to cut the victim by taking a swipe at him, but only caused damage to the victim’s pants.
Police say the suspect then fled the area on foot without the package, traveling on Severn Avenue toward Third Avenue.
Officers canvassed the area, but were unable to locate the suspect.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Southern District Detective Unit at 410-222-1965.
Other Local News:
- Police: Abingdon Man Charged For Pointing Gun At Vehicle In ‘Road Rage Incident’
- Several Transported To Hospitals After Limo Crash In Havre de Grace
- Baltimore Police: Public Enemy No. 1 Arrested After Tip
- City Officials Detail Safety Problems After ‘Bell Foundry’ Condemned
- Fatal Fire Claims Lives Of 2 Young Brothers In East Baltimore