EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ)– Anne Arundel County Police are looking for a man who attempted to steal a FedEx package from the front steps of an Edgewater home.
The attempted theft happened around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 900-block of Holly Avenue.
A 15-year-old boy told police he saw a man–wearing a black face mask– stealing a FedEx package from the front steps of his residence and running away with the package.
The teen says he then chased the suspect down, tackled him, causing the suspect to drop the package.
The suspect then displayed a knife, attempted to cut the victim by taking a swipe at him, but only caused damage to the victim’s pants.
Police say the suspect then fled the area on foot without the package, traveling on Severn Avenue toward Third Avenue.
Officers canvassed the area, but were unable to locate the suspect.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Southern District Detective Unit at 410-222-1965.
Other Local News:
- Person Jumps From 2nd Story After Building Fire In Montgomery County
- Demonstrators Converge On Downtown Baltimore To Protest Border Policies
- Md. Crab Houses Spread Thin After Again Losing Visa Lottery For Immigrant Workers
- Baltimore Co. Executive Republican Candidates Vie For Open Seat
- FBI On High Alert As Sexual Assaults Aboard Planes Soar