Teen Tackles Man Attempting To Steal Package From Front Steps
EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ)– Anne Arundel County Police are looking for a man who attempted to steal a FedEx package from the front steps of an Edgewater home.
The attempted theft happened around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 900-block of Holly Avenue.
A 15-year-old boy told police he saw a man–wearing a black face mask– stealing a FedEx package from the front steps of his residence and running away with the package.
The teen says he then chased the suspect down, tackled him, causing the suspect to drop the package.
The suspect then displayed a knife, attempted to cut the victim by taking a swipe at him, but only caused damage to the victim’s pants.
Police say the suspect then fled the area on foot without the package, traveling on Severn Avenue toward Third Avenue.
Officers canvassed the area, but were unable to locate the suspect.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Southern District Detective Unit at 410-222-1965.
Other Local News:
- 8 Officers & 6 Detainees Injured In Baltimore Incident
- Live TV Killings Sparking New Calls For Gun Control Reform
- Baltimore Police Cancel Leave For Officers During Freddie Gray Hearings
- State Looking Into O’Malley’s Discount Purchase Of Furniture
- Ride Operator Found Dead In Trailer At Maryland State Fair