BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (WJZ) — Anne Arundel County Police are investigating after a teen was assaulted and robbed on Halloween night.
It happened on 10th Avenue and Valley Road in Brooklyn Park.
A 15-year-old told officers he was trick-or-treating with friends when they got into a dispute with another group.
During the dispute, police say a teen from the other group produced a toy gun and demanded the victim’s cell phone. The victim realized the gun was a toy and turned to walk away.
Police say the suspects then approached the victim from behind and struck him in the back of the head with the toy gun, causing him to fall to the ground. The group then began to kick and hit the victim with sticks. The victim’s cell phone was forcibly removed from his hands. The group then ran away.
Police were unable to find the suspects, and the investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Mayor, Police Commissioner Respond To Baltimore Being Named Nation’s Most Dangerous City
- Deputies Greet Students At Md. High School To Show Support In Wake Of Fla. Shooting
- Police Searching For Man Wanted For String Of Store Robberies
- Details Of Baltimore’s 3rd Annual Light City Festival Released
- Police On Scene Of Barricade Situation In Anne Arundel County