HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WJZ) — A Hagerstown mother is charged with child abuse after her infant daughter dies.
Police say the Washington County mom was intoxicated and passed out while breastfeeding her 2-month-old daughter, which led to the baby’s death.
Yadina Morales, 22, allegedly lost consciousness.
When she woke up, the child was underneath her and unresponsive.
The baby was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.
Morales has been charged with manslaughter, child abuse, reckless endangerment and neglect.
Other Local News:
- Many Ravens, Jaguars Take Knee During Anthem In London After Trump Comments
- Hurricane Maria Expected To Affect Mid-Atlantic Shores Next Few Days
- Ravens Fans & Players Prep In London For Big Game Sunday Morning
- 4 Men Killed, 2 Injured In Weekend Shootings
- Md. Volunteers Head To Puerto Rico To Help Red Cross With Recovery Efforts Following Maria