HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WJZ) — A Hagerstown mother is charged with child abuse after her infant daughter dies.
Police say the Washington County mom was intoxicated and passed out while breastfeeding her 2-month-old daughter, which led to the baby’s death.
Yadina Morales, 22, allegedly lost consciousness.
When she woke up, the child was underneath her and unresponsive.
The baby was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.
Morales has been charged with manslaughter, child abuse, reckless endangerment and neglect.
Other Local News:
- Port of Baltimore Handling More Cargo Than Any Previous Year
- Police To Break Down Perimeter In Neighborhood Where Officer Was Killed
- Fundraiser Held For Maryland Business Park Shooting Victim
- Seasonal Flu Activity Up Across The U.S.
- Police: Student Arrested For Threat Made On Social Media Against Perry Hall Middle School