HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WJZ) — A Hagerstown mother is charged with child abuse after her infant daughter dies.
Police say the Washington County mom was intoxicated and passed out while breastfeeding her 2-month-old daughter, which led to the baby’s death.
Yadina Morales, 22, allegedly lost consciousness.
When she woke up, the child was underneath her and unresponsive.
The baby was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.
Morales has been charged with manslaughter, child abuse, reckless endangerment and neglect.
Other Local News:
- Thousands Try To Beating The Heat For A Jam-Packed Weekend At Artscape
- 2 Baltimore Police Officers Plead Guilty To Racketeering
- Heat Advisory, Code Red Air Quality Alert Continues For Saturday
- Baltimore Co. Man Says Strangers Moved Into His Home, Claiming They Rented It On Craigslist
- Police Arrest Stabbing Suspect; Rapper Posted Aftermath On Facebook Live