New TSA PreCheck Lane Opening At BWI Airport
LINTHICUM, Md. (AP) — The Transportation Security Administration has opened a new lane for pre-approved airline passengers at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, doubling the number of locations for passengers to use the so-called “PreCheck” lanes.
The new TSA PreCheck lane opened Tuesday at 4 a.m. at a checkpoint that allows passengers to access the airport’s A, B and C concourses. The TSA PreCheck lanes are also available at the D concourse.
The TSA PreCheck program allows approved travelers to leave on their shoes, jackets and belts on when going through security. They can also leave laptops in their cases. The program launched in October 2011.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Coastal Storm May Cause Thanksgiving Travel Headaches
- Funeral Held For 15-Year-Old Girl Killed In Triple Stabbing
- Loved Ones Desperate For Answers As Search For Missing Toddlers Continues
- Some Children Get Forever Homes On National Adoption Day
- Pier At HarborView Collapses, Suspends Weekend Water Taxi Service