BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A familiar sight returns to the skies.
The Navy blimp will once again be hovering over parts of Maryland next week.
The airship will fly near Frederick, Beltsville and Baltimore for a week to conduct experimental avionic systems testing.
Researchers say findings could help protect forward deployed U.S. troops around the globe.
The 178-foot blimp is the Navy’s only manned airship.
It can remain aloft and nearly stationary for more than 12 hours at a time.
Other Local News:
- Most Of The State Blanketed With Snow; Code Blue Alert Into Thursday
- Lawyer: Woman Was Having Psychotic Episode When Left In Cold
- Who’s Watching The More Than 700 CitiWatch Cameras Across Baltimore?
- Ocean City, Md. Being Sued Over Its Rule Banning Topless Women
- Dog Abandoned With Sign: ‘My Name Is Duke. Here’s My Favorite Toy And My Food’