Retired Cecil County Firefighter Struck By Car Dies
PERRYVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — A former Cecil County fire lieutenant dies after being hit by a car more than two weeks ago.
Fire officials say David Barr, 64, was struck Oct. 25 while directing traffic at the scene of an accident.
He was taken to a hospital in Delaware, where he remained until his death Thursday.
Barr was a retired firefighter with the federal fire service and a member of the Water Witch Volunteer Fire Company.
Police are now investigating the crash.
So far, no charges have been filed.
Other Local News:
- Surveillance Captures Person Of Interest In Safeway Parking Lot Carjacking
- Towson Teacher Injured In Boston Marathon Returns One Year After Bombings
- Ex-Honors Student From Md. Sentenced To 5 Years In Jihadist Terror Plot
- 72-Year-Old Man Dead, Another Injured In Salisbury Home Invasion
- FBI Offers $10,000 For Leads In A 2012 Laurel Wal-Mart Robbery