PERRYVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — A former Cecil County fire lieutenant dies after being hit by a car more than two weeks ago.
Fire officials say David Barr, 64, was struck Oct. 25 while directing traffic at the scene of an accident.
He was taken to a hospital in Delaware, where he remained until his death Thursday.
Barr was a retired firefighter with the federal fire service and a member of the Water Witch Volunteer Fire Company.
Police are now investigating the crash.
So far, no charges have been filed.
Other Local News:
- City Looks To Revitalize Nearly 100-Year-Old Preston Gardens
- First Warning WX: Hermine Could Impact Labor Day Weekend In Md.
- Man Attempts to Bring Shotgun Through Security At BWI
- BPD Partners With Comedian Guy Richards to Fight Mental Illness Stigma
- Police: Man Stabs Pregnant Girlfriend In Montgomery County