Retired Cecil County Firefighter Struck By Car Dies
PERRYVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — A former Cecil County fire lieutenant dies after being hit by a car more than two weeks ago.
Fire officials say David Barr, 64, was struck Oct. 25 while directing traffic at the scene of an accident.
He was taken to a hospital in Delaware, where he remained until his death Thursday.
Barr was a retired firefighter with the federal fire service and a member of the Water Witch Volunteer Fire Company.
Police are now investigating the crash.
So far, no charges have been filed.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore City Leaders Discuss How To Cut Violence Claiming Young Lives
- Md. Native & Former Voice Of Elmo Cleared Of 3 Child Sexual Abuse Charges
- Officer Injured In Police-involved Crash In East Baltimore
- Md. Man Held In Cuban Prison Says He Will Leave This Year– Dead Or Alive
- Underwater Vegetation Is Making A Comeback In The Chesapeake Bay