Maryland May See A Little Snow
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Maryland may see a little snow early Tuesday morning.
Bob Turk reports the best chance for this will be in the suburbs.
The thinking is that when the precipitation moves in Monday night, it will start as rain, but then some snowflakes will likely mix in by early Tuesday morning.
Accumulation & Temperatures:
No accumulation is expected.
By the early hours Tuesday, the precipitation should be starting to taper off and will be out of the area by noon Tuesday. Highs will be in the lower 40s on Tuesday.
The State Highway Administration says its crews are prepared for this and will be monitoring the situation. They say that bridges freeze first and that people should be careful Tuesday, especially during rush hour.
“This early in the season, most of us are not expecting to encounter icy conditions while driving,” said SHA Administrator Melinda B. Peters. “The best way to be prepared is to slow down and use caution. SHA crews will apply salt if the rain turns to snow, but with rain starting first, we cannot apply anything in advance. Conditions may change quickly and drivers could encounter slippery conditions, particularly on elevated areas and bridges.”
Other Local News:
- 2 Baltimore County Firefighters Accused Of Sexual Misconduct
- Metro Releases New Safety Videos In Wake Of Fatal Smoke Incident
- Jesse Jackson Jr. Leaves Prison, Reports To Baltimore Halfway House
- Former Md. Platoon Mate Glad Bergdahl Charged With Military Crimes
- Powdered Alcohol Stirring Up Controversy In Md.