GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A two-vehicle crash on I-97 shut down traffic for hours and claimed the life of a 25-year-old Pasadena man.
It happened along northbound I-97 at Route 100 in Glen Burnie around 8:14 a.m. Friday.
Maryland State Police say Lawrence Steven Bell III lost control of his car while merging onto Interstate 97 eastbound. Bell ended up on the northbound lane of the highway, where troopers say another driver–32-year-old Joel Guzman Rojas–hit his car.
Bell was pronounced dead on the scene.
Rojas was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
Troopers closed the highway for about three hours to investigate and clean up the scene.
Other Local News:
- City State’s Attny. Pushes For Stronger Laws For Sex Assault Victims
- Missing Carroll County Woman Found Dead In Reisterstown
- $12 Million Baltimore Fund To Aid City’s Youth
- Help Name The New Baby Giraffe At The Maryland Zoo
- Thousands Of Demonstrators Across US, Baltimore Say ‘Not My President’