GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A two-vehicle crash on I-97 shut down traffic for hours and claimed the life of a 25-year-old Pasadena man.
It happened along northbound I-97 at Route 100 in Glen Burnie around 8:14 a.m. Friday.
Maryland State Police say Lawrence Steven Bell III lost control of his car while merging onto Interstate 97 eastbound. Bell ended up on the northbound lane of the highway, where troopers say another driver–32-year-old Joel Guzman Rojas–hit his car.
Bell was pronounced dead on the scene.
Rojas was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
Troopers closed the highway for about three hours to investigate and clean up the scene.
Other Local News:
- Ocean City: A Getaway You Can Enjoy On A Budget
- Police: Person Arrested After Car Breaks Through Gate At BWI
- Website Aims To Dispel Rumors Of Missing Kids Problem In DC
- Md. State Police Recover Body From North East River
- Canoe Capsizes, Killing Man Without Life Jacket