GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A two-vehicle crash on I-97 shut down traffic for hours and claimed the life of a 25-year-old Pasadena man.
It happened along northbound I-97 at Route 100 in Glen Burnie around 8:14 a.m. Friday.
Maryland State Police say Lawrence Steven Bell III lost control of his car while merging onto Interstate 97 eastbound. Bell ended up on the northbound lane of the highway, where troopers say another driver–32-year-old Joel Guzman Rojas–hit his car.
Bell was pronounced dead on the scene.
Rojas was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
Troopers closed the highway for about three hours to investigate and clean up the scene.
Other Local News:
- 2 Stabbed Outside of a Md. Supermarket
- Stronger Social Media Guidelines for FCPS System Following Tweet
- State Prosecutor Alleges Mayor Pugh Took Out Improper Loan For Campaign
- The City Looks to Curb Crashes on I-83
- How Federal Workforce Hiring Freeze Will Impact Marylanders