GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A two-vehicle crash on I-97 shut down traffic for hours and claimed the life of a 25-year-old Pasadena man.
It happened along northbound I-97 at Route 100 in Glen Burnie around 8:14 a.m. Friday.
Maryland State Police say Lawrence Steven Bell III lost control of his car while merging onto Interstate 97 eastbound. Bell ended up on the northbound lane of the highway, where troopers say another driver–32-year-old Joel Guzman Rojas–hit his car.
Bell was pronounced dead on the scene.
Rojas was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
Troopers closed the highway for about three hours to investigate and clean up the scene.
Other Local News:
- New MGM Casino Adds NYE Duran Duran Show To Lineup
- Cyclist Dies in Collision With Car in Prince George’s Co.
- Frederick Police Arrest Suspect in Double Stabbing
- Washington Co. Charity Collects 17k Toys For Needy Children
- Frostburg Student, Others, Fall Victim To Extortion Scam