EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A pedestrian was struck and killed early Saturday morning in Edgewood.
It happened around 1 a.m. at state route 24 between Edgewood Road and Trimble Road.
The Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company arrived at on the scene to find a single vehicle that had struck a pedestrian. The adult male pedestrian was pronounced dead on the scene.
The pedestrian had no identification on him.
The adult female driver of the striking vehicle was taken to the Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air with minor injuries.
The road was closed for approximately three hours for the investigation.
Maryland State Police are investigating the cause of the incident.
Other Local News:
- Girl Who Spent More Than 600 Days At Hopkins Receives Life-Saving Kidney Transplant
- Parents, Teachers Sound Off About Cold Classrooms At Baltimore City School Board Meeting
- Trump Signs Bill To End Government Shutdown
- House Fire In Glen Burnie Displaces Family
- Government Shutdown Impact Felt Among Nearly 150,000 Federal Workers In Maryland