EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A pedestrian was struck and killed early Saturday morning in Edgewood.
It happened around 1 a.m. at state route 24 between Edgewood Road and Trimble Road.
The Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company arrived at on the scene to find a single vehicle that had struck a pedestrian. The adult male pedestrian was pronounced dead on the scene.
The pedestrian had no identification on him.
The adult female driver of the striking vehicle was taken to the Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air with minor injuries.
The road was closed for approximately three hours for the investigation.
Maryland State Police are investigating the cause of the incident.
Other Local News:
- Thousands Try To Beating The Heat For A Jam-Packed Weekend At Artscape
- 2 Baltimore Police Officers Plead Guilty To Racketeering
- Heat Advisory For SE Md., Code Red Air Quality Alert Continues For Saturday
- Baltimore Co. Man Says Strangers Moved Into His Home, Claiming They Rented It On Craigslist
- Police Arrest Stabbing Suspect; Rapper Posted Aftermath On Facebook Live