EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A pedestrian was struck and killed early Saturday morning in Edgewood.
It happened around 1 a.m. at state route 24 between Edgewood Road and Trimble Road.
The Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company arrived at on the scene to find a single vehicle that had struck a pedestrian. The adult male pedestrian was pronounced dead on the scene.
The pedestrian had no identification on him.
The adult female driver of the striking vehicle was taken to the Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air with minor injuries.
The road was closed for approximately three hours for the investigation.
Maryland State Police are investigating the cause of the incident.
Other Local News:
- Police Seek Help Finding Missing Baltimore Teen
- MTA: Number Of MARC Trains Upped By 5 Times Normal Capacity Saturday
- Women Descend On DC Day After Anarchists Create Chaos
- More Than 200 People Arrested After Violence Breaks Out During Inauguration Day Protests
- Women From All Over Prepare For Women’s March On Washington Saturday