Pedestrian Struck By Car In Edgewood Pronounced Dead On The Scene
EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A pedestrian was struck and killed early Saturday morning in Edgewood.
It happened around 1 a.m. at state route 24 between Edgewood Road and Trimble Road.
The Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company arrived at on the scene to find a single vehicle that had struck a pedestrian. The adult male pedestrian was pronounced dead on the scene.
The pedestrian had no identification on him.
The adult female driver of the striking vehicle was taken to the Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air with minor injuries.
The road was closed for approximately three hours for the investigation.
Maryland State Police are investigating the cause of the incident.
Other Local News:
- Judge Denies Motions To Dismiss Charges In Freddie Gray Case; Ruled Individual Trials For 6 Officers
- Fatal Pedestrian Accident Under Investigation In Harford County
- FAA Tackles Growing Drone Problem With New App
- Former Police Commissioner Examines Baltimore Unrest In Panel Discussion
- Police Investigating Threatening Tweet Made Toward La Plata Residents