EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A pedestrian was struck and killed early Saturday morning in Edgewood.
It happened around 1 a.m. at state route 24 between Edgewood Road and Trimble Road.
The Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company arrived at on the scene to find a single vehicle that had struck a pedestrian. The adult male pedestrian was pronounced dead on the scene.
The pedestrian had no identification on him.
The adult female driver of the striking vehicle was taken to the Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air with minor injuries.
The road was closed for approximately three hours for the investigation.
Maryland State Police are investigating the cause of the incident.
Other Local News:
- Police Officer Shoots Suspect After Nearly Getting Hit By Car
- Medical Alert: Eyestrain Common for Kids Staring at Screens Too Long
- Anne Arundel Co. Police Investigate Fatal Hit-And-Run In Odenton
- Md. Watermen Want More Access To Oyster Sanctuaries
- Report: Pimlico Race Course Needs $300 Million Renovation