Pedestrian Struck By Car In Edgewood Pronounced Dead On The Scene
Get Breaking News First
EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A pedestrian was struck and killed early Saturday morning in Edgewood.
It happened around 1 a.m. at state route 24 between Edgewood Road and Trimble Road.
The Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company arrived at on the scene to find a single vehicle that had struck a pedestrian. The adult male pedestrian was pronounced dead on the scene.
The pedestrian had no identification on him.
The adult female driver of the striking vehicle was taken to the Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air with minor injuries.
The road was closed for approximately three hours for the investigation.
Maryland State Police are investigating the cause of the incident.
Other Local News:
- Vigil Held For Missing Elkton Teens Nearly 2 Weeks After Disappearance
- Ravens Partner With The House Of Ruth To End Domestic Violence
- Hundreds Of Thousands Expected To Travel This Labor Day Weekend
- New Findings Show Dozens May Have Cast Double Votes In 2012 Election
- Orioles Fans Firing Back After Adam Jones ‘Airport’ Comment