EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A pedestrian was struck and killed early Saturday morning in Edgewood.
It happened around 1 a.m. at state route 24 between Edgewood Road and Trimble Road.
The Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company arrived at on the scene to find a single vehicle that had struck a pedestrian. The adult male pedestrian was pronounced dead on the scene.
The pedestrian had no identification on him.
The adult female driver of the striking vehicle was taken to the Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air with minor injuries.
The road was closed for approximately three hours for the investigation.
Maryland State Police are investigating the cause of the incident.
Other Local News:
- Mayor Pugh Vetoes $15 Minimum Wage Bill, Workers, Business Owners React
- Police Discover Sex Trafficking Ring Suspect, After He Is Stopped For Medical Emergency
- Police: Waldorf Father Killed Daughters, Shot Wife Before Turning Gun On Himself
- Baby Boy Killed, Babysitter Injured After Family Dog Attacks
- VIDEO: Police Still Searching For Suspect In Trans Woman Death, ID Vehicle Possibly Involved