MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ)—Two people were killed in an early Thursday morning accident in Carroll County.
It happened around midnight in the 6600-block of Buffalo Road near Old Bohn Road near Mt. Airy around 1 a.m.
The sheriff’s office says a Honda Prelude was traveling northbound when it passed a vehicle in front on a double yellow line.
As the Honda approached a right curve, the driver lost control and was struck on the driver’s side by a Dodge Ram traveling southbound.
The driver of the Honda — identified as 25-year-old Ricky Wean, of New Windsor, Md. — and a passenger — identified as 23-year-old Christopher Goldzwig, of Keymar, Md. — were both pronounced dead at the scene.
The Dodge was only occupied by the driver, who has been identified as 25-year-old Steven Marcus Bryant of Laytonsville, Md. He was transported to Meredith Hospital in Hagerstown with non-life threatening injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Animal Control Rescues Baby Raccoon In Joppa
- CSX Derailment Affects Commuter Train Service Into Washington
- Hazmat Investigating Sodium Hydroxide Leak After CSX Train Derailment
- Baltimore Officer Sitting In Patrol Car Shoots Man With Gun
- Montgomery County Police Wear Special Badge To Honor Fallen Officers