2 Dead, 1 Injured In Early Morning Crash In Carroll County
Get Breaking News First
MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ)—Two people were killed in an early Thursday morning accident in Carroll County.
It happened around midnight in the 6600-block of Buffalo Road near Old Bohn Road near Mt. Airy around 1 a.m.
The sheriff’s office says a Honda Prelude was traveling northbound when it passed a vehicle in front on a double yellow line.
As the Honda approached a right curve, the driver lost control and was struck on the driver’s side by a Dodge Ram traveling southbound.
The driver of the Honda — identified as 25-year-old Ricky Wean, of New Windsor, Md. — and a passenger — identified as 23-year-old Christopher Goldzwig, of Keymar, Md. — were both pronounced dead at the scene.
The Dodge was only occupied by the driver, who has been identified as 25-year-old Steven Marcus Bryant of Laytonsville, Md. He was transported to Meredith Hospital in Hagerstown with non-life threatening injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Residents Urged To Shelter In Place As Police Investigate Suspicious Activity In Parkville
- Police Building Homicide Case Against Schizophrenic Mother
- Baltimore Police Investigating $35M Brutality Lawsuit After Video Surfaces
- Rice, NFL Players Association Have Until Midnight Tuesday To Appeal
- Man Wanted In 3-Year-Old’s Shooting Death Arrested