BALTIMORE (WJZ)–As travelers return home from their Thanksgiving holiday getaway, many will pay higher gas prices than what they paid before leaving on their road trip, according to AAA Mid-Atlantic.
Maryland’s average price at the pump is $3.42 per gallon, which is a dime more than last week, 13 cents a gallon more than a month ago and three cents higher than last year on this date.
AAA says gas prices will remain elevated in the short term but should decline for the remainder of the year.
Factors contributing to the increase include seasonally stronger demand for gasoline and the price of crude oil.
Other Local News:
- MD Fire Marshal Investigating Possible Serial Arsonist In Cecil County
- Trial Of Man Charged In Md. Police Station Attack Postponed
- Police Need Your Help To Find Dog Stolen From Baltimore Co. Yard
- Owl Rescued From Home’s Deck In Harford County
- Opening Date Announced For Giada De Laurentiis’ Restaurant In Baltimore