BALTIMORE (WJZ)–As travelers return home from their Thanksgiving holiday getaway, many will pay higher gas prices than what they paid before leaving on their road trip, according to AAA Mid-Atlantic.
Maryland’s average price at the pump is $3.42 per gallon, which is a dime more than last week, 13 cents a gallon more than a month ago and three cents higher than last year on this date.
AAA says gas prices will remain elevated in the short term but should decline for the remainder of the year.
Factors contributing to the increase include seasonally stronger demand for gasoline and the price of crude oil.
Other Local News:
- Snow, Sleet Leave Slick Spots On Roads Across Maryland
- BGE Crews Head To Puerto Rico To Aid In Hurricane Relief
- Police Investigating String Of Vandalism, Theft In South Baltimore
- Md. House of Delegates Candidate Facing Backlash Over Gun/Cash Bingo
- Man, Woman Headed To Baltimore Arrested With Car Full Of Drugs