AAA: Thanksgiving Travelers Will Pay Higher Gas Prices Coming Home
BALTIMORE (WJZ)–As travelers return home from their Thanksgiving holiday getaway, many will pay higher gas prices than what they paid before leaving on their road trip, according to AAA Mid-Atlantic.
Maryland’s average price at the pump is $3.42 per gallon, which is a dime more than last week, 13 cents a gallon more than a month ago and three cents higher than last year on this date.
AAA says gas prices will remain elevated in the short term but should decline for the remainder of the year.
Factors contributing to the increase include seasonally stronger demand for gasoline and the price of crude oil.
Other Local News:
- Police Investigating Threatening Tweet Made Toward La Plata Residents
- Judge Denies Motions To Dismiss Charges In Freddie Gray Case; Ruled Individual Trials For 6 Officers
- Demonstrator Arrested During 1st Hearing Of Freddie Gray Case
- Bel Air Man Sets Himself On Fire, Body Burns Through Living Room Floor
- 1 Officer Injured, 1 Protester Arrested During Demonstration