BALTIMORE (WJZ)–As travelers return home from their Thanksgiving holiday getaway, many will pay higher gas prices than what they paid before leaving on their road trip, according to AAA Mid-Atlantic.
Maryland’s average price at the pump is $3.42 per gallon, which is a dime more than last week, 13 cents a gallon more than a month ago and three cents higher than last year on this date.
AAA says gas prices will remain elevated in the short term but should decline for the remainder of the year.
Factors contributing to the increase include seasonally stronger demand for gasoline and the price of crude oil.
Other Local News:
- Sheila Dixon Will Not Seek Re-count Following Md. Primary Results
- Man To Run On Treadmill For 24 Hours To Fight Cancer
- Sexual Assault Victim Speaks Out As Authorities Ramp Up Investigation
- University of Maryland Medical Center Gets National Cancer Institute’s Highest Designation
- Horse Goes Missing Near Patapsco State Recreation Area