AAA: Thanksgiving Travelers Will Pay Higher Gas Prices Coming Home
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ)–As travelers return home from their Thanksgiving holiday getaway, many will pay higher gas prices than what they paid before leaving on their road trip, according to AAA Mid-Atlantic.
Maryland’s average price at the pump is $3.42 per gallon, which is a dime more than last week, 13 cents a gallon more than a month ago and three cents higher than last year on this date.
AAA says gas prices will remain elevated in the short term but should decline for the remainder of the year.
Factors contributing to the increase include seasonally stronger demand for gasoline and the price of crude oil.
Other Local News:
- Gubernatorial Candidate Heather Mizeur Pushes For Physician-Assisted Suicide
- Police: Victims In Dundalk Double Shooting Not Intended Targets
- Police: 2 Sexual Assaults At Frederick County Park May Be Linked
- AA County Police Charge 2 Baltimore Residents For Crack Cocaine Possession
- Police Release Surveillance Photos Of Cooksville Armed Robbery Suspect