AAA: Thanksgiving Travelers Will Pay Higher Gas Prices Coming Home
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ)–As travelers return home from their Thanksgiving holiday getaway, many will pay higher gas prices than what they paid before leaving on their road trip, according to AAA Mid-Atlantic.
Maryland’s average price at the pump is $3.42 per gallon, which is a dime more than last week, 13 cents a gallon more than a month ago and three cents higher than last year on this date.
AAA says gas prices will remain elevated in the short term but should decline for the remainder of the year.
Factors contributing to the increase include seasonally stronger demand for gasoline and the price of crude oil.
Other Local News:
- 17-Year-Old Boy Faces Child Porn Charges After Posting Explicit Pictures On Instagram
- Dem O’s Are Causing Playoff Fever, Hon!
- Family: Did Police Play A Role In Son’s Death?
- Police: Man Robbed And Stabbed By Group Of Teenagers In Baltimore City
- Horseshoe Casino Opens Soon; Residents Already Dreading Traffic