‘Tis The Season! Hampden’s 34th Street Transforms Into Winter Wonderland
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — It’s one of Baltimore’s favorite holiday traditions. Saturday night, Hampden transforms into a winter wonderland with a spectacular light display.
Linh Bui was at the grand lighting.
The annual Christmas event draws people from around the world — even Santa Claus himself!
Snowmen, an ice skater, spinning bears — just some of the incredible light displays at the annual “Miracle on 34th Street.”
“The whole block is great. Everybody coming out, kicking off the season. Can’t have anything better,” one man said.
For 66 years, these homeowners have gone all out with some of the most elaborate decorations, bringing hundreds of visitors to the Hampden neighborhood.
“All these beautiful lights on 34th Street,” one visitor said.
Saturday’s grand lighting kicks off the much anticipated holiday tradition., which brought out one very special guest who flew in from the North Pole to see the lights for himself.
“Because I want to see Santa!” a little girl said.
Christmas comes to Hampden. The holiday spirit is shining bright.
Everyone is welcome to see the lights. The event is free.
The lights will be on every night until January 1, 2014.
Other Local News:
- FBI Most Wanted: Father In Missing Girl Case Accused Of Murdering Her Mother
- 3-Alarm Fire Heavily Damages Odenton Apartment Building
- Md. Could Become 1st State To Ban Energy Drinks To Minors
- Picture Goes Viral After Baltimore City Police Officer Saves Kitten
- Going Nowhere: Baltimore 17th Worst In Nation For Traffic Jams