BALTIMORE (WJZ)— There’s renewed outrage after the state medical examiner’s office says it will not release results of an autopsy done on a Baltimore man who died in police custody.
The family of Tyrone West wants to know how exactly he died during a traffic stop in July.
On Wednesday night, his loved ones picketed on the streets, chanting “Tell the truth and stop the lies. Tyrone West didn’t have to die.”
Authorities say the results of West’s autopsy are being withheld because a criminal investigation is ongoing.
Police have previously said West had a medical emergency while fighting officers, but witnesses claim he was beaten by officers.
Other Local News:
- Man Injured In Tornado Credits Late Wife With Helping Him Get Out Alive
- Wrong Way Crash Kills 2 On Route 50 In Annapolis
- NTSB: Nearly As Many Die In Speed Related Crashes As Alcohol Related Crashes
- Officials Unveil Flood Protection Plans Near Anniversary Of Ellicott City Flood
- 1 Person Pistol Whipped; 6 Arrested In Resort Robbery