BALTIMORE (WJZ)— There’s renewed outrage after the state medical examiner’s office says it will not release results of an autopsy done on a Baltimore man who died in police custody.
The family of Tyrone West wants to know how exactly he died during a traffic stop in July.
On Wednesday night, his loved ones picketed on the streets, chanting “Tell the truth and stop the lies. Tyrone West didn’t have to die.”
Authorities say the results of West’s autopsy are being withheld because a criminal investigation is ongoing.
Police have previously said West had a medical emergency while fighting officers, but witnesses claim he was beaten by officers.
Other Local News:
- Hundreds Of Thousands March For Gun Control In The US
- Hiker Rescued After Falling Into Stream In Western Md.
- Police Investigating Double Shooting In West Baltimore
- ‘March For Our Lives’ Protesters In Baltimore Call For Gun Reform And Safer Schools, Communities
- Students Take Part In ‘March For Our Lives’ Protests In Baltimore, D.C.