Family Of Baltimore Man Who Died In Police Custody Outraged Over Withheld Autopsy Results
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ)— There’s renewed outrage after the state medical examiner’s office says it will not release results of an autopsy done on a Baltimore man who died in police custody.
The family of Tyrone West wants to know how exactly he died during a traffic stop in July.
On Wednesday night, his loved ones picketed on the streets, chanting “Tell the truth and stop the lies. Tyrone West didn’t have to die.”
Authorities say the results of West’s autopsy are being withheld because a criminal investigation is ongoing.
Police have previously said West had a medical emergency while fighting officers, but witnesses claim he was beaten by officers.
Other Local News:
- Gubernatorial Candidate Heather Mizeur Pushes For Physician-Assisted Suicide
- Police: Victims In Dundalk Double Shooting Not Intended Targets
- Police Release Surveillance Photos Of Cooksville Armed Robbery Suspect
- Frederick County Parents Charged With Toddler Daughter’s Death
- Middle River Woman Charged With DUI In Hit-And-Run That Killed Goucher Student