BALTIMORE (WJZ) — An update on the case of a city employee killed outside City Hall.
The family of Matthew Hersl will get to meet with the state’s attorney about a possible plea deal.
Investigators say Johnny Johnson was fleeing from police when he hit and killed Hersl.
Hersl’s family says the police report shows Johnson was high at the time.
Officers say they also found heroin and cocaine inside his car.
Hersl’s family wants prosecutors to take the case to trial, instead of offering a plea deal.
Other Local News:
- Chaos Erupts At City Hall Hearing For Proposed Gun Bill
- MTA To Partially Shutdown Light Rail For Repairs Starting Tuesday
- Emergency Services Director: Kent Island Tornado Looks ‘Like Somebody Steered It… Away From Homes’
- Maryland Man Found Guilty In Killing Of Transgender Woman
- Ravens Unveil New 4K Ultra HD Video Boards