BALTIMORE (WJZ) — An update on the case of a city employee killed outside City Hall.
The family of Matthew Hersl will get to meet with the state’s attorney about a possible plea deal.
Investigators say Johnny Johnson was fleeing from police when he hit and killed Hersl.
Hersl’s family says the police report shows Johnson was high at the time.
Officers say they also found heroin and cocaine inside his car.
Hersl’s family wants prosecutors to take the case to trial, instead of offering a plea deal.
Other Local News:
- Off-Duty Cop Killed After Neighbor Came To Him During Domestic Incident
- Committee Approves Nomination For Acting Police Chief Darryl De Sousa
- Washington Co. Sergeant Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Police Corruption Trial Over, But Investigators Keep Digging
- New Residences At Four Seasons In Harbor East Takes Luxury To New Heights