BALTIMORE (WJZ) — An update on the case of a city employee killed outside City Hall.
The family of Matthew Hersl will get to meet with the state’s attorney about a possible plea deal.
Investigators say Johnny Johnson was fleeing from police when he hit and killed Hersl.
Hersl’s family says the police report shows Johnson was high at the time.
Officers say they also found heroin and cocaine inside his car.
Hersl’s family wants prosecutors to take the case to trial, instead of offering a plea deal.
Other Local News:
- Montgomery County Police Investigate Officer Involved Shooting
- Police Investigating Puppy Abuse Case After Dog Was Left For Dead
- Baby Found Inside Car At Scene Of Fatal Shooting
- Mayor, Governor, Work To Close City Schools Multi-Million Dollar Budget Gap
- Md. Bill Would Punish Left Lane Lingering With Fine Up To $250