Family Of City Worker Killed Outside City Hall To Meet With State’s Attorney
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — An update on the case of a city employee killed outside City Hall.
The family of Matthew Hersl will get to meet with the state’s attorney about a possible plea deal.
Investigators say Johnny Johnson was fleeing from police when he hit and killed Hersl.
Hersl’s family says the police report shows Johnson was high at the time.
Officers say they also found heroin and cocaine inside his car.
Hersl’s family wants prosecutors to take the case to trial, instead of offering a plea deal.
Other Local News:
- Report: Man Who Died In Police Custody Consumed Cocaine Prior To Arrest
- Maryland To Share $75M In Bank Of America Mortgage Fraud Settlement
- Woman Holding Baby Claims She Was Tased By Police; Officers Refute Story
- Heading To Iraq: Baltimore Man Reacts To Death Of His Slain Friend, James Foley
- Police: Gunman Kills Estranged Wife’s Boyfriend, Attempts Suicide In Laurel