BALTIMORE (WJZ) — An update on the case of a city employee killed outside City Hall.
The family of Matthew Hersl will get to meet with the state’s attorney about a possible plea deal.
Investigators say Johnny Johnson was fleeing from police when he hit and killed Hersl.
Hersl’s family says the police report shows Johnson was high at the time.
Officers say they also found heroin and cocaine inside his car.
Hersl’s family wants prosecutors to take the case to trial, instead of offering a plea deal.
Other Local News:
- Report: Case Involving Slain Detective, Indicted Gun Task Force Officer Reopened
- Police ID Attempted Bank Robbery Suspect; Arrest Warrant Issued
- Once Again, Shoppers Race In For Black Friday Deals
- Baltimore Police: 2 Suspects Fire Without Warning, Killing 1
- Baltimore Police Identify Man Killed Inside Barbershop