BALTIMORE (WJZ)—The FBI has arrested another Baltimore corrections officer linked to the jail smuggling scandal– but they had to wait until he returned from Afghanistan.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office says Derrick Jones, 41, was arrested in Waco, Texas.
According to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun, Jones was charged last month after he’d already deployed with the Maryland National Guard.
He’s accused of smuggling phones and other contraband into the jail for the Black Guerrilla Family gang members, who were serving time at the Baltimore City Detention Center.
Jones is now in the custody of U.S. Marshals, who will bring him back to Baltimore to face trial.
Other Local News:
- Mayor Pugh Vetoes $15 Minimum Wage Bill, Workers, Business Owners React
- Man Stopped For Medical Emergency, Found To Be Sex Trafficking Suspect By Police
- Police: Waldorf Father Killed Daughters, Shot Wife Before Turning Gun On Himself
- Baby Boy Killed, Babysitter Injured After Family Dog Attacks
- VIDEO: Police Still Searching For Suspect In Trans Woman Death, ID Vehicle Possibly Involved