BALTIMORE (WJZ)—The FBI has arrested another Baltimore corrections officer linked to the jail smuggling scandal– but they had to wait until he returned from Afghanistan.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office says Derrick Jones, 41, was arrested in Waco, Texas.
According to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun, Jones was charged last month after he’d already deployed with the Maryland National Guard.
He’s accused of smuggling phones and other contraband into the jail for the Black Guerrilla Family gang members, who were serving time at the Baltimore City Detention Center.
Jones is now in the custody of U.S. Marshals, who will bring him back to Baltimore to face trial.
Other Local News:
- Fire Causes Entire Roof Of Maryland Apartment Building To Collapse
- Gov. Hogan Calls Meeting On ‘Tragic, Disturbing’ Baltimore Violence
- Confederate Memorial Removed From Ellicott City Courthouse
- Busy Clean Up Still Underway After Monday’s Storms
- Are Arrest Quotas Leading To Questionable Behavior On Bodycam Video?