BALTIMORE (WJZ)—The FBI has arrested another Baltimore corrections officer linked to the jail smuggling scandal– but they had to wait until he returned from Afghanistan.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office says Derrick Jones, 41, was arrested in Waco, Texas.
According to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun, Jones was charged last month after he’d already deployed with the Maryland National Guard.
He’s accused of smuggling phones and other contraband into the jail for the Black Guerrilla Family gang members, who were serving time at the Baltimore City Detention Center.
Jones is now in the custody of U.S. Marshals, who will bring him back to Baltimore to face trial.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Makes List Of Best Cities For Small Business Development
- McDaniel To Celebrate 150th Anniversary With Unveiling Of New Mascot At Homecoming Game
- Authorities Still Seeking Leads In Death Of PG Co. Teen Found In North Carolina
- Ex-Maryland Sheriff Gets Probation For Misconduct In Office
- Maryland Police Searching For Missing Teenage Girl