GEORGE COUNTY, Miss. (WJZ) – A police pursuit ended with the arrest of former Baltimore Ravens player in Mississippi. Authorities there say he is also a person of interest in a missing man case.
On Tuesday, a deputies spotted a 1999 Ford Contour speeding erratically on Highway 612 in George County, Miss.
Authorities there say former Baltimore Ravens player Ralph L Staten was driving the Ford. When they attempted to pull him over, police say Staten jumped from the car and led deputies on a foot pursuit.
He was caught and arrested a short time later.
A 1997 seventh round NFL draft by the Baltimore Ravens, Staten has been charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, disorderly conduct, fleeing and DUI.
He is being questioned as a person of interest in connection to the disappearance of Donovan Cowart, who has been missing for nearly a year.
Staten is currently being held without bond at the George County Regional Jail.
Other Local News:
- Orioles VP John Angelos Says He Doesn’t Want Trump Throwing First Pitch
- Richie Recovering From Procedure, Postpones Tour With Carey
- Police Officer Shoots Suspect After Nearly Getting Hit By Car
- Medical Alert: Eyestrain Common for Kids Staring at Screens Too Long
- Anne Arundel Co. Police Investigate Fatal Hit-And-Run In Odenton