Former Ravens Player Arrested After Foot Chase In Miss., Person Of Interest In Missing Man Case
Sports Fan Insider
Ravens CentralBuy Ravens Tickets
GEORGE COUNTY, Miss. (WJZ) – A police pursuit ended with the arrest of former Baltimore Ravens player in Mississippi. Authorities there say he is also a person of interest in a missing man case.
On Tuesday, a deputies spotted a 1999 Ford Contour speeding erratically on Highway 612 in George County, Miss.
Authorities there say former Baltimore Ravens player Ralph L Staten was driving the Ford. When they attempted to pull him over, police say Staten jumped from the car and led deputies on a foot pursuit.
He was caught and arrested a short time later.
A 1997 seventh round NFL draft by the Baltimore Ravens, Staten has been charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, disorderly conduct, fleeing and DUI.
He is being questioned as a person of interest in connection to the disappearance of Donovan Cowart, who has been missing for nearly a year.
Staten is currently being held without bond at the George County Regional Jail.
Other Local News:
- Police Search For Man Convicted Of Bigamy
- NTSB: Probe Into Triple Fatal Frederick County Aircraft Crash Will Take A Year
- WJZ-TV’s Ron Matz Inducted Into City College Hall Of Fame
- MDTA Officer Convicted In Off-Duty Gun Assault Involving 3
- Dallas Nurse Nina Pham Speaks After She’s Released From NIH, Declared Ebola-Free